So the last three days have been quite dull. Watching movies, a lot of reading, and the usual amount of study as well. I actually like studying Japanese here-unlike in the states. Mostly the Kanji. It is kinda zen to write the same thing over and over again with an eye to making it just so, perfect. It is not the kanji, but making the kanji that is important, ne? I am hooking up with some guy I met on the subway the other day. He has been here like 16 years, and he is from Portland. He should be an invaluable source of info^assuming he isnt a wacko, but I am not too worried. He invited me to his buddhist meeting, and though unfortunatley I have to work, it is a good sign of a peaceful mind. I would definitley like to start sitting again, and doing the tea ceremony would be ideal. Anyway, my friend just arrived. We are going to UNAGI. Hmmmmmmmm goood UNAGI. BBQ like goodness....(insert Homer Simpson impression here)
--
Ray Proper
"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."
Pancho Villa, 1923
1 comment:
Ray I have removed you from my will and traded all your gear to the traveling circous for some fine mash shine
Post a Comment