




In response to some strange comments, I feel compelled to clarify my last post. 6000 yen is NOT enough to buy a hooker in Japan. That is reference to the money spent on food, drink, and karaoke in Nagoya last night. Really, are all your minds in the gutter, and if so, why are you asking me censor potential hooker references?
Anyway; tonight I making Tom Kha Gai for a friend dropping by later-not the one with the impressively short skirt, but this one has attributes enviable in and of themselves as well. Well, it will be a kind of Tom K; about half of the ingredients are unavailable, or at least I cannot read the labels on them. Either way, I do not have em. Like most things I make, it will be a strange variation on the theme of X food.
Also, I have continued to spend recklessly on this second day of vacation. I purchased a DVD-RAM drive, for about a 100. I am just now starting to burn some of my old media to DVD. I have to make some room so I can download Northern Exposure in its entirety. I am very excited to return to Sicily, Alaska and see some old friends, and moose. Soon…
Ok, so I will post some pics of last night for the curious-mentally curious, all you bi-curious will have to find your interesting pics elsewhere. My friend Usami and I put together an evening at a restaurant in Nagoya for about 10 people. We had a dinner set that included a spicy, spicy bubbling hot pot of kimchi, pork, and various other goodies. A nomihodai (all you can drink), and assorted side dishes representing variations on the theme of spicy.
Next we hit up karaoke in Le Jac-complete with YET ANOTHER nomihodai. My voice was crap, but I drank away my pain!
Anyway, check it out, and be sure to look for any above mentioned points of interest.
No comments:
Post a Comment