Thursday, January 12, 2006

NOMIHODAI

Did I mention that the Japanese have renamed all Korean foods?  This pisses me off.  For one thing, because I know only the Korean names, and for another, they did not rename anything else!  So, they can not pronounce PANJO, but SPAGETTI is OK? BULLSHIT.  They are being racist fuckers again, and they dont even realize it. 
 
Tonight I will  make a decent hotpot/nabe dish resembling Kimchi soup, but closer to sukiyaki in many ways.  I have a few friends coming by for dinner.  All western.  I would feel bad about hanging with foriegners, but mostly I end up with Australians, and I tend to enjoy them.  I am still learning about something, right?  For example, Coopers is a great Australian beer, and NO ONE but American tourists would be caught DEAD with a FOSTERS.  Apparently, it is actually Australian for PISS!!! 
 
Ok, I am off to the library.  I am hoping to find a book on Lebanonn, and the civil war there.   I have been noticing a crap load of similarities between that conflict and Iraq.  I would like to clarify a few things. 
 
NOMIHODAI was a roaring success.  I had 7 or 8 beers, missed the last subway, and had to take a cab back home.  Total cost 3000 yen-30 bucks.  At regular bar prices I STILL came in 5 bucks under par, and probably closer to 20! 

No comments: