Friday, November 25, 2005

Starbucks

Well, here I am at Starbucks again. I miss americanos with cremera. I think they have never actually had a good cup of coffee served in this country. Poor bastards, and poor me. Just finished two hours of Kanji practice and boy is my head aching. I hate Japanese. Why didn't I move to Spain??? I went out last night, and got home about six this morning. It was OK. Unfortunately I am stuck on the subway for transport, and so I can either be home by midnight, or by six, and nothing in between. I danced, I drank, and I looked at girls. Then I had curry, walked a million miles, and went to bed.

I also went to Nagoya Castle yesterday. Great exhibit, but the walls seem to be in poor shape. They have trees growing out of them, and that can not be good for them! The castle was built in 1602 at the behest of Tokugawa Ieyasu and served as a regional power center for the bakufu. Then the US bombed the shit out of it in WWII and it was rebuilt in 1959. They are still trying to raise the funds to finish the job. I hope they do! I am excited to see another local castle as well. It is the only privately owned castle left in Japan, and it remains in the possession of the family that built it-probably around 1600 or so I would guess. Cool, huh? Tomorrow, work… more kid’s classes. Big fun in the city baby, big fun. CYA

No comments: